Saturday 28 July 2007

5 weeks and 6 days post op now! I had my bands taken off competly a few days ago and my wires changed so finally my teeth are begining to get back to normal and straghten up again. Feels wierd not having the bands, my mouths opening more now, i can now fit 1 finger in my mouth! My jaw seems to be moving backwards abit though.. So i wouldnt be suprised if next time i see the authodontist hel tell me to put the bands on again at night.

Ive been having a few down days the last few days considering if this operation has been worth it all heres my pro's and con's to the operation...


Pro's:

*I can smile
*I have a 'normal' bite
*Will be able to eat food better
*Not so self consious about profile

Con's:

*Face(jaw line) Has become unsymmetrical
*Worried feeling wont come back in lip and chin
*I dont think the operation has actualy made me any better looking!!
*I have a lisp
*My top lip seems to have disapeared! Its got really thin!

I seem to have more con's at the moment but im hoping within the next few months most of those should be fixed

1 comment:

chris k said...

I wanna see this new lip and jawline. How about a little show and tell?